Monday, August 10, 2009

WHO WANT TO ENTER HEAVEN?


WHEN GOD DISPENSES JUSTICE

A SHORT PLAY FOR BAR TOUR BY EMMA S. OROZCO

GOD
I am supposed to be God. Does anyone of you here, dispute that? I come with the best of thoughts for the goodness of humanity. But how come, so many people cannot enter heaven? There are so many souls here who want to have their cases reconsidered. Peter and I have already consigned them to hell or to limbo. But they persist in my hearing their cases again for rejudging.

Peter, who are these people wanting to enter heaven? I thought you’ve screened them already? Why should I still see them? This is too much of a bother.

PETER
My God, they want their cases to be reconsidered.

GOD:
I have told you already. I don’t like going through the same cases twice.

PETER:
Well, they said God is all merciful. He is not going to be bureaucratic. He’ll reconsider our cases.

GOD:
Oh, I won’t argue with that. That’s what they were taught below. So tell me, who’s the first case?

PETER:
My God, this is a soldier, a spy, an undercover SPY.

GOD:
What shall i do with this one?

PETER:
He made life hellish for the subjects assigned to his unit. He said he deserves heaven because he did not do them intentionally.

GOD:
Ok, send him in.

SPY:
My God, forgive me for I have sinned. But it was my superior who ordered me to do those things.

GOD:
And whom did you harass?

1 comment: